Guy Kawasaki, author of Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions, shares tips and tricks for Social Media optimization, showing detailed techniques on how he manages his Twitter account to maximize his Followers count and interaction. Guy also describes several ways a company can use Twitter to monitor a brand and its competitors.
According to Guy, the most powerful feature of Twitter is search, the possibility that it gives to marketers to understand and monitor what the world is saying about his/her company and competition for free. During this video Guy shares two scalable tools that can be used to optimize Twitter publishing: Shareaholic and ObjectiveMarketer.
Guy Kawasaki, Managing Director, Garage Technology Ventures
Guy Kawasaki is the co-founder of Alltop.com, an online magazine rack of popular topics on the web, and a founding partner at Garage Technology Ventures. Previously, he was the chief evangelist of Apple. He has a BA from Stanford University and an MBA from UCLA as well as an honorary doctorate from Babson College.
Guy is the author of ten books, which were highly praised and won several awards. Below is a list of his last 5 books (from last to first):
- Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions (2011)
- Reality Check: The Irreverent Guide to Outsmarting, Outmanaging, and Outmarketing Your Competition (2011)
- The Art of the Start: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything (2004)
- Rules For Revolutionaries: The Capitalist Manifesto for Creating and Marketing New Products and Services (2000)
- How to Drive Your Competition Crazy: Creating Disruption for Fun and Profit (1996)