In Part II of Social Media Optimization, Guy Kawasaki presents additional tools and techniques to find interesting content to share on social media, from ghost writers to automatic feeds. He also talks about marketing a product on Facebook.
In Part I of Social Media Optimization
, Guy Kawasaki discussed some of the power functions of Twitter and how marketers can use them to monitor a brand and its competitors. He also provided tips and tools to maximize followers count and interaction on Twitter.
In this presentation Guy presents additional tools and techniques to find interesting content to share on social media, from ghost writers to automatic feeds. He also shares insights on the business model and the value of his site AllTops
Following his insights from Twitter, Guy shares the lessons he learned from marketing his book Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions
through its Facebook page
. The first technique he finds useful is to give away goodies for people that "Like" the page.
Guy Kawasaki, Managing Director, Garage Technology Ventures
Guy Kawasaki is the co-founder of Alltop.com, an online magazine rack of popular topics on the web, and a founding partner at Garage Technology Ventures. Previously, he was the chief evangelist of Apple. He has a BA from Stanford University and an MBA from UCLA as well as an honorary doctorate from Babson College.
Guy is the author of ten books, which were highly praised and won several awards. Below is a list of his last 5 books (from last to first):
- Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions (2011)
- Reality Check: The Irreverent Guide to Outsmarting, Outmanaging, and Outmarketing Your Competition (2011)
- The Art of the Start: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything (2004)
- Rules For Revolutionaries: The Capitalist Manifesto for Creating and Marketing New Products and Services (2000)
- How to Drive Your Competition Crazy: Creating Disruption for Fun and Profit (1996)