Become an Online Behavior Author
If you are interested in writing for Online Behavior, please review our author guidelines and then submit your article for review using the form below.
Online Behavior Author Guidelines
We are always open to contributions at Online Behavior, as long as the subject is interesting and the article is original and unique (i.e. not cross-posted elsewhere) and not written by AI. We check all submissions for originality and AI detectability.
We are interested in articles about Analytics, Website Optimization, Testing, Usability, Targeting, and Paid Advertising.
We want in-depth articles covering data analysis techniques and case studies.
Please note that we do not run product reviews by authors, and authors cannot make their companies the only subject of the article. Articles must feature interesting techniques that can be used to optimize Digital Marketing, preferably with a real-life example or case study.
It should not be a tool/service promotion, although if a tool is mentioned as part of the technique, that’s not a problem.
When writing your article, try to organize it into topics using sub-headings.
This will help readers scan the text and decide whether they want to read it or not. Be sure to create relevant and readable subtitles that use the terms that you are describing in the section.
Using strong and italic fonts are also great ways to grab the readers’ attention, but use them with responsibility. It is difficult to put into words the value of an image, so try to use at least 2-3 images in the article, giving preference to charts and graphs.
Most important of all, don’t try to look smart by using the industry’s newest jargon! Tell your story (or your super advanced optimization technique) using simple words and day-to-day metaphors. Although it is great to look intelligent it is even greater to be understood.
And if you would like to know a bit more about the audience, take a look at our About Us page, we have a short description of the kind of people that read Online Behavior. If you would like to drop us a line with any questions before submitting the article, feel free to leave us a message.
1. The article must be submitted by a person, not a company. We will post articles by people and their pictures should be provided too. The person writing the article can give credit to his/her company by linking to it from his/her bio.
2. Articles should be drafted inside the WordPress editor (returning authors) or Google Docs. When using Google Docs, make sure all embedded images are also provided in a dedicated Google Drive folder. All assets you produce must be shared with link access. Do not send in any other format (i.e. a Microsoft Word document).
3. We recommend including up to 3 images for the article.
Also, feel free to include (optional) an image to be used as the thumbnail of the article. Be sure your image file names are descriptive. In addition, please provide a headshot we can attach to your profile or register your email with Gravatar.
4. We reserve the right to make editorial changes and minor changes to grammar and images, but major changes will be in agreement with the author.
5. We consider that any image submitted by the author is their property and that they have the right to use it.
6. Once the article is published at Online Behavior it cannot be re-published on another website.
Please note that we do not guarantee to publish submissions, but we will review all submissions and provide feedback in a matter of days.