This book explains all that is needed in order to understand the impact of Social Media efforts made by businesses. From this understanding, the author shows how to optimize and make the most out of it.
The book will help readers in the following:
- Managing Social Media as a serious business tool, a real corporate asset rather than the latest cool trend
- Convincing upper management to invest resources in social media
- Engaging prospective customers at the lowest cost possible
- Understand the how profitable Social Media is for the organization
As the author writes:
Success in social media is not found in how many people got your message; it’s found in how many people thought your message was remarkable – literally. How many people were intrigued enough bu the point you were making to comment on it and pass it along to their friends?
This book is essential in order to succeed in the interconnected world we live in, both for Fortune 100 companies and small businesses trying to make a difference.
The only guide devoted exclusively to social media metrics
Whether you are selling online, through a direct sales force, or via distribution channels, what customers are saying about you online is now more important than your advertising. Social media is no longer a curiosity on the horizon but a significant part of your marketing mix.
While other books explain why social media is critical and how to go about participating, Social Media Metricsfocuses on measuring the success of your social media marketing efforts. Success metrics in business are based on business goals where fame does not always equate to fortune. Read this book to determine:
- Why striving for more Twitter followers or Facebook friends than the competition is a failing strategy
- How to leverage the time and effort you invest in social media
- How to convince those who are afraid of new things that social media is a valuable business tool and not just a toy for the overly-wired
Knowing what works and what doesn’t is terrific, but only in a constant and unchanging world. Social Media Metricsis loaded with specific examples of specific metrics you can use to guide your social media marketing efforts as new means of communication.
Jim Sterne produced the world’s first “Marketing on the Internet” seminar series in 1994. Today, Sterne is an internationally known speaker on digital marketing and customer interaction and aconsultant to Fortune 500 companies and Internet entrepreneurs. He is founder of the eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit and cofounder of the Web Analytics Association.
* Information from publisher website