This book presents techniques to improve website using Google Analytics. The questions answered on the book are: Why Web Analytics is important & what are the available technologies? How Google Analytics works & how it deals with privacy? Which reports should you use & how to do it? How to ensure that your data is accurate & how to enhance your reports using advanced implementation techniques?
The book is very practical; it shows real world solutions and how to deal with them using Google Analytics. The book also includes useful examples of applications that use Google Analytics data and integrations with other tools or sources of data (CRM, call tracking, Website Optimizer).
Packed with insider tips and tricks, this how-to guide is fully revised to cover the latest version of Google Analytics and shows you how to implement proven Web analytics methods and concepts.
This second edition of the bestselling Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics is the perfect book for marketers, vendors, consultants, and Webmasters who want to learn the installation, configuration, tracking techniques, and best practices of Google Analytics.
- Google Analytics is a free tool that measures Web site effectiveness and helps users better understand how web site performance; this book is a detailed usage guide written by one of the software’s original creators.
- Explains what filters keep data accurate, how to measure Flash usage and tag for e-mail marketing, and what visitor segmentation provides the most useful feedback.
- Examines principles and practices of Web analytics, then shows how to use GA’s reports and how to track dynamic Web pages, banners, outgoing links, and contact forms.
- Discusses advanced setups for configuring goals and filters, how to integrate GA with third-party systems, and how to leverage the new API.
Brian Clifton, Ph.D., is an internationally recognized Google Analytics expert who consults on website performance optimization for global clients. As the former head of web analytics for Google Europe, Middle East, and Africa, he defined the strategy for adoption and built a team of pan-European product specialists. Brian speaks at industry conferences, writes regularly on his Measuring Success blog (www.advanced-web-metrics.com/blog), and wrote the first edition of this book.
* Information from publisher website